I forgot my keys inside, what should I do?

Call to the maintenance company. You can find the contact information of your maintenance company from your house.

I lost my keys, what should I do?

Please call or send e-mail to our customer service:


Phone service: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9 am to 2 pm 

09 7745 366

What should I do when neighbor disturbs?

If your neighbor disturbs you, try first to solve the situation with them. If needed, call the police. If the disturbances continue, make a disturbance notification to the building manager by e-mail (isannoitsija@nalasunnot.fi). Only written complaints can be addressed. Please write to the message:

  • your name, address and contact details
  • your neighbour’s name and the number of the apartment
  • describe what has happened and when.

Your complaint will be handled confidentially.

What to do when neighbour has made a disturbance complaint about me?

Take the complaint seriously. Read the housing rules and regulations and remember to show consideration for your neighbours. In case the tenant receives a complaint but does not change his/hers behavior, the landlord has the right to terminate the tenancy agreement.

You have a right to give an answer to the complaint. Please send your answer to the building manager by e-mail: isannoitsija@nalasunnot.fi


Can I have a pet?

Yes you can!

Can my boy/girlfriend/friend move in to live with me?

Yes. However, moving-in notification needs to be submitted of all residents to our customer service (asiakaspalvelu@nalasunnot.fi) and to the maintenance company. A monthly water fee (15 to 20€ per person depending on the property) is charged based on the number of  residents in the apartment.

In the moving-in notification, please write: residents name and date of birth, the address and number of the apartment and moving-in day.

Can I sublease my apartment to someone?

The tenant can temporarily sublease their apartment with a permission from the landlord.  If you are interested in subleasing your apartment, please be in touch with our customer service.

Please note, that even if you sublease your apartment, you are still solely responsible for the payment of rent and the condition of the apartment.


Can I rent my apartment on AirBnb?

Our apartments cannot be rented on AirBnb.

This is because we get funding for building apartments for young people under 30 years old who are either working or looking for a job, and therefore, we also need to rent the apartments to this group of people. Also when choosing the applicants, we are obliged to check the applicants need for the apartment and their wealth and income. With AirBnb, it is not possible to ensure that these qualities apply.

Can I paint my apartment?

Unfortunately, the tenants are not allowed to paint their apartments. We only hire professionals to paint the apartments.

Can I fix a shelf/painting/mirrors/TV/wall stickers/video projector on the wall?

You can fix paintings, shelves (excluding IKEA’s LACK shelves) and bigger mirrors on the walls. Mirrors with many small parts, wall stickers, video projectors or TV’s are not allowed, since they leave permanent marks on the wall.

Can I put a washing machine or a dishwasher in my apartment?

Yes, if there is an appropriate place and connections present in the apartment, you may choose to install a washing machine or a dishwasher.

Please note, that washing machines, connections and hoses often cause water damage. Therefore, washing machines and dishwashers should always be installed by a professional. Please consider that the tenant is responsible for any damage caused by their own appliances.

The apartment is cold, what should I do?

Firstly, measure the temperature of the apartment. Normal temperature is approximately 20 to 22 degrees Celsius, when measured in the middle of the apartment, from the height of approximately 1,5 meters from the floor.

Make sure that there are no thick curtains or furniture in front of the radiators. If the radiator feels cold, check that you have rotated the knob/valve to maximum (For example if the maximum is three, rotate the knob/valve a little bit further, as far as it goes. However, do not use force.).

If the radiator or the apartment is still cold after these check-ups,  please call to the maintenance company.

The air in my apartment feels stuffy, what should I do?

First, make sure that the inlet and outlet air vents are not blocked, shut or covered in dust as this confuses the ventilation of the apartment. Also check that the range hood in the kitchen is on maximum when you cook or take a shower.

The most important thing in making sure that the air in the apartment stays fresh, is to clean and take the rubbish out regularly and maintain the apartment properly. Avoid long showers as this increases the humidity in a small apartment. Make sure that you dry the bathroom properly after shower and do not dry large amounts of laundry in the apartment at the same time. You can also air the apartment every now and then, but don’t leave the windows open for a long time, as this confuses the ventilation.

If there are still problems with the air quality in the apartment after these check-ups, please be in contact with the maintenance company.

How long is the lease?

Usually we make tenant agreements for 5 years at a time. However, if there have been no issues with the tenancy or rent payment, tenant can live in the apartment until the age of 35.

However, the tenant can terminate the agreement whenever they choose, with a one month’s notice.

In case there are continuous disturbances, the tenant breaks the rules of tenant agreement or doesn’t pay his/hers rent, the landlord can terminate the tenancy agreement.

Can I change apartment?

Changing apartment is possible if your family situation changes or you get a new job or a place to study in another city. In all cases however, the possibility to change depends on the current apartment situation. Also, the tenant needs to have lived in the apartment for at least 1 year before changing apartments.

If you are interested in changing apartment, please be in contact with our customer service.

What should I do if I can't pay rent in time?

Please be in contact with our rent monitoring department, by email (vuokravalvonta@nalasunnot.fi) or by phone (09 7745 3616, Monday to Friday from 12:00pm to 2pm).

Any delay in rent payment will be followed by a reminder. A reminder fee is 10€.

Please note that due to continuing payment defaults or unpaid rents, measures can be taken to terminate the tenancy agreement. Already the first payment reminder should be taken seriously.


I got a payment reminder, what should I do?

Any delay in rent payment will be followed by a reminder. A reminder fee is 10€. If you get a reminder, please be in contact with our rent monitoring department, by email (vuokravalvonta@nalasunnot.fi) or by phone (09 7745 3616, Monday to Friday from 12:00pm to 2pm).

If you pay your rent and the reminder fee before the due date, your housing will continue as normal. If you still don’t pay your rent, you will get a second reminder. If the payment is not received after a second reminder has been sent, the collection of the debt will be transferred to a collection agency.

Please note that due to continuing payment defaults or unpaid rents, measures can be taken to terminate the tenancy agreement. Unpaid rents can also ruin your credit rating.

Please be in contact if you have problems related to paying rent! It is a lot easier to settle things with us than with a collection agency. If you have problems with money or you need support for living, be in contact with your housing counselor.

How do I terminate the tenant agreement/lease?

The notice of termination is always done in writing by filling  the notice of termination of tenancy with a handwritten signature. Please fill in the notice, take a picture of it and scan it/send it or bring it to the customer service of NAL Asunnot (asiakaspalvelu@nalasunnot.fi)


What is the notice period for terminating the lease?

The notice period is one full calendar month. Example: If the tenant terminates the tenancy 14th of May, the the responsibility for the payment of rent ceased on 30th of June.

You must pay rent during the period of notice as well.

Where do I bring the keys when I move out?

In Helsinki, Espoo and Vantaa, they keys are returned to the customer service of NAL Asunnot. In other cities, the keys should be returned to the housing counselor. Please don’t leave any keys in the apartment.

The keys should be returned no later than at 12 noon the next business day after the end of the tenancy. For example: If the tenancy will end on Wednesday, 30th of September, the keys have to be returned at the latest on Thursday 1st of October at 12 noon. Please note that the keys can be returned to the office on the first business day of the month, even if the customer service would not be normally open on that weekday!

When will an apartment inspection be made?

Apartment inspection is made both during the period of notice as well as after moving out.

Before the tenant moves out, a preliminary inspection is made, where the overall condition of the apartment and need for repairs are checked. The preliminary inspection is made during the working days between 8am and 4pm. The inspector will try to contact the tenant before arriving, but if the tenant does not respond or is not home, the tenant will enter the apartment with a master key. Please notify the customer service for possible pets!

After the move, a final inspection is made when final condition and tidiness of the apartment and possible damages caused by the tenant are checked. Normal wear is acceptable but the tenant can be charged for other damage caused to the apartment. 


When will the security deposit be returned?

If the apartment is in good condition, all of the keys have been returned and all rental and other payments have been paid the deposit will be returned to the tenant approximately within a month of the end of the tenant agreement.

Please note that NAL Asunnot may use the deposit for settlement of unpaid rent or other possible payments.